Why I'll be celebrating World Book Night

It'll be World Book Night in a week's time and I'm getting excited because I've just been notified my books are ready for collection.

Twenty four copies of Stephen King's Misery will be winging their way to the unsuspecting. The book features just two characters but is one of the most powerful stories I've ever read. It's tense, intense, chilling and thrilling. It's electrifying.

King's prose is crystal clear, stripped bare and straight to the point. None of that cockadoodee nonsense for me. No siree. Hell, I'm his Number One Fan.

I'm giving it away to some of the snobbier members of my book club, who dismiss Stephen King as 'that horror writer', and via the mobile office of an organisation whose customers might well have seen the film but never read the book.

World Book Night will also be a bit of a celebration for me. I've had a piece of work chosen for Dorset Voices, a new collection of prose, poetry and photography by people in this fair county. HRH The Prince of Wales wrote the foreword, which was very kind of him.


It's being launched at the Bournemouth Festival of Words on Monday 23rd April. And I might be doing a reading.

That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. What a wonderful organization, I will have to remember it for next year, I have bookmarked it. Here is another link of a similar nature, that I am going to look into.

    http://www.littlefreelibrary.org/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day